Thursday, May 12, 2011

×××ホリック - What ending is this!?

CLAMP's xxxHoLic has ended its run officially, since it debuted in 2003. I didn't know it finished up in February this year, but obviously, I have lost touch with all my manga/anime stuffs since coming home from S'pore, and that was a long time ago. Yesterday night, I decided to do a massive update - which means chionging thru everything, and only went to sleep at 3am. I shouldn't have read xxxHoLic last, but since it started with x, it was the last on my bookmarks list. Big mistake.


Not happy! I went to bed feeling so melancholic, sad and empty. But I was also delighted that massive fangirl rants were already in place regarding the last chapter. People were just lashing out at how the finale turned out. No, I'll never stop being a CLAMP otaku, but seriously, the way they always torture their characters so quietly, so endlessly and so painfully should be diluted somewhat. The wistfulness of Watanuki broke my heart at the end. BROKE it. Especially when we realise what really happened after they had this conversation. Oh gawd, the angst. It's so tangible, I am still feeling it. 7 years is a long time. Thanks for making us feel attached to the characters, and then knifing us in our hearts. Oww.

xxxHoLic was meant to be read interchangably with Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, so I always knew HoLic would soon dribble out when Chronicle ended its run. But this means there isn't much of a wrap-up anywhere now! Chronicle wasn't too bad, it was an open-ended thing and knowing CLAMP, Sakura and Syaoran didn't stay together physically. Yes, Syaoran went on for another trip with the boys. Couldn't they just get married and have wonderful cute babies after so much tears thru out the series!? What's left for me to read now!? Sobs.

I am now kinda glad that CLAMP left so many other works hangin'. I knew their style ever since Ling introduced me to them thru RG Veda when we were 15. I'm not exactly surprised, but I am still sad. We do love your characters, CLAMP. You need to stop the blood and the mental S&M inflicted on your fans. Here's my plea: please kindly leave my Subaru and my Kazahaya x Rikuo pairing as they are. Gohou Drug and X were abandoned, and I was initially furious. But now... I think it could have been a blessing! Subaru is angsty enough, CLAMP. You ladies have been torturing him since 1990, and I have loved him since 1995. You ladies need to be controlled. Your notion of reincarnation becomes really painful when it is synonymous with so much suffering.

Leave. Them. All. Alone!

Man, xxxHoLic's epilogue had better be good. I am waiting with much 'anticipation'. *rages*

No comments:

Post a Comment