Saturday, December 4, 2010

Good end to the week!

I bought this nonya bak zhang from Yeoh's Groceries in Glen Waverley, and it was unexpectedly yummy! I'm as happy as can be, because I love nonya bak zhangs. They must be nonya. -nods to herself-

 My manager was in her Christmas mood, and to encourage that within me (the sulky one), she loaned me a USB-powered multi-lights Christmas tree to help usher in the festive mood. It is very cute, I must say.

First time at the Melbourne Cricket Grounds for our company's Christmas cocktail party. It was awesome.

Naruto's latest attempt to adopt the form of the Kyuubi wasn't totally successful. But it's cuuuute!!



 

I saw this bit in the latest manga chapter of BLEACH today, where they introduced the Hell arc and the antagonists in hell archaically said, "Let's get Kurosaki down in here". It was written across the page - movie debut - 劇場版 BLEACH 地獄篇. Out of curiousity, I went to google for it, and realised the movie premiere was... today! Haha, what are the chances? Anyway, I guess it could be another 6 months or so before it's released to the public in DVD. TM Revolution did an epic job with his songs, as usual. I'm already listening to it on endless loop. I'm just wondering how Kubo-sensei is going to explain this - Ichigo prancing around with his shinigami powers. Reading the forums, it seems that everyone has the same WTH!? questions as I do. No pun intended, of course.

* * * * * *

I just finished this book by Sharon Jaynes, and it has been amazing. When she means scars, she isn't just referring to the physical ones too. For me, it is good to understand what scars are to God, and the significance of them in His eyes.

The fact that I have scars which are not easily hidden and over a significant percentage of my arm means that I need to make a decision on whether I should wear it like a badge of honour, or hasten to hide it away from the public eye. The book touches on inspiring excerpts from other female believers' scars - both physical and emotional, and I realised that it is due to these same believers coming out to share their stories that people like me can benefit too.

It doesn't mean that I will stop spraying MicroSkin on my arm. I still need to shield the new skin from harmful UV rays which will potentially cause more damage than I can imagine. The scars that had formed are the physical memories of a traumatic accident. What the book has taught me is that if I am presented with an opportunity to minister, then I should. It can be embarrassing, especially for ladies because unfortunately, we seem to be more critical of each other.

The scars will bear evidence of God's strength and providence, the very fact that I am still alive is proof of His intervention. And when appropriate, to roll up my sleeves and show the extent of where my skin had burned, but not to feel embarrassed or not to speak up at all. Most of the ladies mentioned in the book went on to become speakers and are now touching people's lives everywhere, proudly displaying their deformities or disabilities, or sharing their not-so-glamorous pasts. Aunt Anne delivered an Easter prophecy last year, where I would heal people with my imperfect arm. If anything, I would be honoured to be used for His service. Secularly speaking, isn't it better to be useful with a deformity or disability than sit around and lament? One lasting example is the life of Nick Vujicic, who greatly touched me before my accident, and even more now. I don't need to be someone as far-reaching as these people, as long as the people close to me can experience God's love personally through what I can share.

We are ultimately always looking for a purpose. I hope I'm at least halfway there.

No comments:

Post a Comment